Diploma in Radiology & Imaging Technology (DRIT)
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
A Bachelor of Radiology & Imaging Technology (BRIT) is a specialized undergraduate program focusing on the principles and practices of medical imaging. This comprehensive course typically spans three to four years, combining theoretical knowledge with practical skills essential for a career in diagnostic radiography. BRIT curriculum covers subjects such as radiographic anatomy, radiographic physics, medical imaging techniques, and radiation safety.
Students undergo hands-on training in operating imaging equipment, including X-ray machines, CT scanners, and MRI machines. Clinical internships are integral, providing real-world experience in capturing and interpreting medical images. The program aims to equip graduates with the expertise needed to produce high-quality diagnostic images crucial for medical diagnosis and treatment planning. BRIT graduates often find opportunities in hospitals, clinics, imaging centers, and research institutions, contributing to healthcare through proficient medical imaging and patient care.
What Will You Learn?
- Radiographic Anatomy
- Radiographic Physics
- Medical Imaging Techniques
- Radiation Safety
- Equipment Operation
- Patient Care
- Clinical Internships
- Foundation Courses
- Anatomy and Physiology: Study the structure and function of the human body to comprehend the anatomical basis for medical imaging.
- Basic Physics for Imaging: Introduce the fundamental principles of physics relevant to various imaging modalities, including X-ray and basic radiography.
- Radiographic Procedures: Learn the basics of positioning patients and capturing diagnostic images using X-ray equipment.
- Medical Terminology: Acquire essential medical terminology relevant to radiology and imaging technology.
- Diagnostic Radiographer
- CT Technologist
- MRI Technologist
- Radiation Therapist
- Radiology Manager/Administrator
Begin Your Journey in Radiology & Imaging Technology
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career in healthcare!